Accessibility statement – the Import Declaration Service for private persons
Finnish Customs is committed to making its websites and online services accessible in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement concerns the Import Declaration Service for private persons.
Other service alternatives
If you are not able to use the Import Declaration Service for private persons, you can declare your goods in alternative ways. You can authorise another person to declare the goods on your behalf via the service or you can buy the declaration as a service from a forwarding company.
You can also personally visit a customs office that provides customer service to give us your feedback. On the Customs website, you will find the map locations of these customs offices and their opening hours.
Help regarding other service alternatives is available from the Customs Information Service; tel. 0295 5201.
See the instructions for other service alternatives.
The accessibility of the service
The current accessibility of the content of the service:
The Import Declaration Service for private persons partly meets the requirements laid down in the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services.
The known problems with accessibility
The service still has some usability problems. The recognised problems with accessibility are described below. If you notice a problem in the service that is not included in the list, please contact us.
The following content does not meet the requirements laid down in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services and will be fixed as soon as possible:
- The decision documents in pdf format created by the system are not accessible.
- WCAG 1.1.1., 1.3.1, 1.3.2
- Connection timeout
- The user is warned of the connection timeout and is given the opportunity to request additional time. However, for data security reasons the user is logged out after 12 hours, which means that the accessibility requirements concerning time limits are not completely fulfilled.
- WCAG 2.2.1
- The contrasts are not sufficient regarding the following:
- Link text of an individual notification element against a light blue background
- WCAG 1.4.3, 1.4.11
- Error messages and feedback
- The service contains some single dynamic feedback messages that are not transmitted to the screen reader.
- Some single error messages for the fields have not been programmatically linked to the fields.
- WCAG 3.3.1, 4.1.3
- Modal dialogues
- Focus is moved to the frame of the component and not to the elements in the component, and due to this some screen readers may not read the dialogue.
- The modal dialogues have not been given the correct headings programmatically, and they may also contain other attribute errors, which may confuse screen readers.
- WCAG 2.4.3, 4.1.2
- Messages sent by the customs clearance team
- The accordion elements used in the messages don’t tell the screen reader whether the element is open or closed. (WCAG 4.1.2)
- The keyboard focus does not stay in the element. (WCAG 2.4.3)
- The keyboard focus does not stay in the dialog. (WCAG 2.4.3)
- The user may unnecessarily aim a keyboard command at the dark background of the element. The screen reader doesn’t receive any information on the purpose of the element. (WCAG 2.4.3)
- In mobile size, the element covers the “Next” button. (WCAG 1.4.10)
Drafting of the statement
- Customs has assessed the accessibility of this service as follows:
- The assessment was conducted by an external operator.
- The service was assessed in 4/2019.
- This statement was drafted on 5 February 2020. The statement was last reviewed on 27 February 2023.
We are happy to receive feedback on the accessibility of this service.
- Give feedback on accessibility to Customs by email: asiakaspalautteet(at)tulli.fi.
- Customs’ e-services are responsible for the accessibility of the Import Declaration Service for private persons and will also respond to feedback on accessibility.
- We aim to respond to feedback within five working days.
- If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from Customs, you can also give feedback on accessibility to the Regional State Administrative Agencies: saavutettavuus(at)avi.fi.