Accessibility statement – Customs duty calculator
Finnish Customs is committed to making its websites and online services accessible in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement concerns the customs duty calculator.
Other service alternatives
If you are not able to use the customs duty calculator, there are other service alternatives. You can use our website, call the Customs Information service, tel. 0295 5201, Mon–Fri, 8 am–4.15 pm, or visit a customs office with customer service.
The accessibility of the service
Current accessibility of the content of the service: partly meets the requirements laid down in the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services.
The known problems with accessibility
The service still has some usability problems. The recognised problems with accessibility are described below. If you notice a problem in the service that is not included in the list, please contact us.
The following content does not meet the requirements laid down in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services and will be fixed as soon as possible:
- In the Customs duty calculator, there is a ‘Browse for the goods’ tree view. The sub-items of the tree view cannot be expanded using the keyboard’s Enter key or Space key nor with an Android Talkback screen reader. The tree view keys also lack a programmatic role and the screen reader does not show the state of the button. (WCAG 2.1.1 and 4.1.2)
- The screen reader interprets the information button texts incorrectly as elements to be clicked. All the links in the text are not descriptive. (WCAG 1.3.1 and 2.4.4)
Drafting of the statement
Customs has assessed the accessibility of this service as follows:
- The assessment was conducted by an external operator.
- The service was assessed in 11/2020 and in 5/2021 and in 3/2023.
- This statement was drafted on 18 November 2020.
- The statement was last reviewed on 3 April 2023.
We are happy to receive feedback on the accessibility of this service.
- Give feedback on accessibility to Customs by email: email@example.com.
- Customs’ customer service and communications are responsible for the accessibility of the Customs duty calculator and will also respond to feedback on accessibility.
- We aim to respond to feedback within five working days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Customs, or if you receive no response at all, you may submit a report to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. Detailed information on how to file a report and how the matter will be handled is available on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the supervisory authorities
Administrative Agency for Southern Finland’s Accessibility Monitoring Unit