Direct message exchange
Direct message exchange is a service through which Customs’ business customers can send and receive messages via the internet without using a data communications operator.
The service is available with the following data systems of Customs:
- Entry and exit declarations (AREX system)
- Customs Clearance Service: Customs warehousing declarations and Import declarations for businesses (UTU system)
- Import declarations for businesses – special procedures (ITU system)
- Export declarations (ELEX system)
- Transit declarations (NCTS transit system)
- Statistical declarations on intra-EU trade (Intrastat system)
- Åland tax border declarations for businesses (national tax border declarations)
- VAT declarations pertaining to the Åland tax border (ALA system)
- EMCS (control system for movements of excise goods under duty suspension)
Using the service requires an authorisation for message exchange from Customs.
To assist in developing the solution for direct message exchange, there is a document detailing the most common error situations that can occur.
XML schemas version 1.8
v. 1.8, amendment 16 June 2012
E-services’ support for businesses +358 295 5207
General instructions for businesses offers advice Mon–Fri 8 am–4.15 pm. Have a look at the FAQ or contact us with your question.