Travelling with your pet

If you take your pet abroad with you, you don’t need to notify Finnish Customs of it. When travelling with an animal, however, you have to comply with the legislation of the destination country. Please note that the traveller is responsible for finding out about the provisions effective in the country of destination before travelling. You can get information about these provisions e.g. from the country’s embassy or veterinary authorities.

When you arrive in Finland, please observe the requirements for imports of pets, e.g. concerning documents. Check the import requirements from Finnish Food Authority.

For more information about the export and import provisions concerning pets, go to Finnish Food Authority's website.

Contact us

Contact Customs Information

The Customs Information Service offers advice from Monday to Friday 8 am–4 pm. Have a look at the FAQ or contact us with your question.

Customs Information Service


We want to improve our website together with our customers. You can give us feedback by clicking “Send feedback”.

Send feedback