Travel documents

The Finnish Border Guard is responsible for the border controls of people at the border crossing points. If you have any questions about travel documents upon border crossing, please contact the Border Guard. You’ll find the Contact information and the travel document guidelines of the Finnish Border Guard as well as the FAQ about travel.

For more information about travel documents, please contact the police, the authority responsible for issuing passports and identity cards: Police – Licences.

For more information about Finnish citizens’ travel documents, please go to the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.

Contact us

Customs Information Service, Private customers
Monday to Friday 8 am–4 pm

Contact Customs Information

The cost of a call from a landline or mobile phone subscription is 0 cents/min + local network charge/ standard mobile rate.
In car tax matters, kindly contact the Tax Administration (


Help us improve our site content

We want to improve our website together with our customers. You can give us feedback by clicking “Send feedback”.

Send feedback