Think about what you buy at the destination, because many products can only be imported in restricted quantities, while some require a licence or may even be prohibited. It’s better not to buy exotic souvenirs or designer purses if you are not sure of the products’ origins. Check in advance what import restrictions and conditions apply for at least the following products:
- medicines and medicinal substances
- products derived from endangered species
- plants and animal-based foodstuffs
- products infringing on the rights of trademark holders and copyright-infringing recordings, that is, pirated products.
Effects of the sanctions against Russia
When travelling from Finland to Russia:
- It is prohibited to export luxury goods (i.e. items worth more than EUR 300). Such goods include smart devices, jewellery and sports equipment.
When travelling from Russia to Finland:
- There are restrictions on traveller imports of fuel and alcohol
Please note that the import and export regulations may change quickly due to the sanctions.