- The powers of Finnish Customs are provided for in various laws.
- The actions taken by Customs are always based on the legislation.
- Customs has the right to inspect travellers, luggage and vehicles. Customs has the right to question travellers also in intra-EU traffic.
- Customs can use detector dogs, X-ray or other technical equipment when carrying out inspections.
- Travellers selected for inspection must themselves unpack their luggage for the inspection and repack it afterwards.
- Travellers must give their personal details to Customs.
The cost of a call from a landline or mobile phone subscription is 0 cents/min + local network charge/ standard mobile rate.
In car tax matters, kindly contact the Tax Administration (vero.fi)