Customs clearance after delivery
If an undeclared parcel that should have been declared has been delivered to you, you should declare the parcel afterwards. You can do the post-clearance in the Import Declaration Service for private persons. Select that you wish to declare “an undeclared purchase already delivered to me/a newspaper or magazine subscription”.
If you cannot do the post-clearance online, you can send Customs a free-form request for post-clearance by email to kirjaamo(at)tulli.fi or by post to
Tulli, Tuonnin oikaisuhakemukset
Please enclose the following:
- your personal identity code
- order confirmation or invoice of the goods
- certificate of origin of the goods, if you are requesting preferential tariff treatment for your goods
- an accurate description of the goods and of their intended use
- indication of the country where the goods were manufactured and of the country from which the goods were dispatched to you
- arrival date of your parcel and indication of whether your parcel was delivered to you by Posti or by some other transport company.
The processing of the request will take 1-2 months after which a decision on the post-clearance will be sent to the address you have provided in the request.
Please have a look at the frequently asked questions.
If you have a question about the arrival of parcels, its contents or the handling fee, please contact Posti.