Customs clearance of a consignment after delivery
If an item you purchased from abroad is delivered directly to your home, but it should have been declared, declare it after the delivery. You can do the post-clearance online, by email or by letter.
Sometimes postal parcels, which should be cleared through customs, are delivered straight to the recipient due to incorrect or illegible markings on the dispatch note on the parcel.
Choose a customs clearance alternative and read the instructions
If an item you purchased from abroad is delivered directly to your home, but it should have been declared, declare it after the delivery. Clear the item primarily online in the declaration service.
Select ”an undeclared purchase already delivered to me/a newspaper or magazine subscribtion”.
Declare the required data and clear the consignment through customs.
Post-clearance by email or by letter
You can also send Customs a free-form request for post-clearance of the consignment.
- To your application for post-clearance, enclose the order confirmation or the invoice – as well as the certificate of origin (scanned), if applicable.
- Provide your personal identity code or your Business ID in the application.
- Also provide the following details:
- arrival date of the consignment
- has the consignment arrived as a postal consignment or been brought by a freight company
- country of dispatch and country of origin of the goods
- for determining the commodity code, a full goods description in Finnish and purpose of use of the goods.
Send the application with attachments by email to kirjaamo(at)tulli or by post to
Tulli, Tuonnin oikaisuhakemukset
When Customs has processed your request, a customs clearance decision will be sent to the address you provided in your application. Your application will be processed in approximately 1 to 2 months.