Customs clearance of a consignment after delivery
If a postal parcel from abroad, which should have been cleared, has been delivered straight to your home, do a post-clearance. You can do the post-clearance online, by email or by letter.
Sometimes postal parcels, which should be cleared through customs, are delivered straight to the recipient due to incorrect or illegible markings on the dispatch note on the parcel.
Choose a customs clearance alternative and read the instructions
Clear your parcel primarily online in the declaration service.
Select ”A consignment I already received has not been cleared”.
Declare the required data and clear the consignment through customs.
Post-clearance by email or by letter
You can also send Customs a free-form request for post-clearance of the consignment.
- To your application for post-clearance, enclose the order confirmation or the invoice – as well as the certificate of origin (scanned), if applicable.
- Provide your personal identity code or your Business ID in the application.
- Also provide the following details:
- arrival date of the consignment
- has the consignment arrived as a postal consignment or been brought by a freight company
- country of dispatch and country of origin of the goods
- for determining the commodity code, a full goods description in Finnish and purpose of use of the goods.
Send the application with attachments by email to kirjaamo(at)tulli or by post to
Tulli, Tuonnin oikaisuhakemukset
When Customs has processed your request, a customs clearance decision will be sent to the address you provided in your application. Your application will be processed in approximately 1 to 2 months.
Sometimes postal parcels, which should be cleared through customs, are delivered straight to the consignee due to incorrect or illegible markings on the dispatch note on the parcel.
If you receive such a parcel, clear it through customs after delivery. The purchase must be cleared if the VAT payable is 5 euros or more. There is no minimum VAT limit on consignments containing alcohol; the taxes must always be paid. Read more on import taxes.