Plants in removal goods

Plants, pot plants and plant products

There are restrictions on importing plants, parts of plants and plant products from EU countries, from non-EU countries and from countries outside Europe.

By contacting the Finnish Food Authority, you can find out in advance whether the product you are planning to import is allowed, and whether a phytosanitary certificate is required. Finnish Food Authority’s website also has information on import prohibitions and certificate requirements. Finnish Food Authority is responsible for the import prohibitions and import requirements.

Points to consider

Even when you bring in orchids for your private use, you need a CITES export permit or a re-export certificate from the country of export as well as an import permit issued by the Finnish Environment Institute. You also need a phytosanitary certificate if you bring in more than 20 orchids.

Additional information and instructions from

Read more

Any questions?

Contact Customs Information Mon–Fri 8 am–4.15 pm

Please have a look at the frequently asked questions.

If you have a question about the arrival of parcels, its contents or the handling fee, please contact Posti.

Customs Information Service