Moving from Finland to elsewhere in the EU

When you plan to move from Finland, you should find out about the restrictions and declaration procedures of your country of destination. The authorities or the embassy of your country of destination will instruct you. Finnish Customs does not inform customers about the import restrictions and declaration procedures in force in other countries.

  • If you are moving from Finland to another location in the customs and tax territory of the EU, you do not need to lodge any declarations with Finnish Customs.
  • If your removal goods include products subject to restrictions, Customs may ask you to present those goods and the related permits.

Any questions?

Contact Customs Information Mon–Fri 8 am–4.15 pm

Please have a look at the frequently asked questions.

If you have a question about the arrival of parcels, its contents or the handling fee, please contact Posti.

Customs Information Service