Leisure boats, personal watercraft and outboard engines as removal goods

There are import restrictions on leisure boats, personal watercraft and outboard engines. The authority responsible for the restrictions is the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom.

Moving to Finland from a non-EU country

  • If necessary, find out about the import requirements from Trafi’s market supervision of leisure boats, veneilytarkastajat(at)trafi.fi.
  • Observe that a leisure boat or a personal watercraft, which is imported from a territory outside EU's customs and fiscal territory, must fulfil the import requirements so that Customs can release the restricted goods for free circulation.

Read more

Contact us

Customs Information Service, Private customers
Monday to Friday 8 am–4 pm

Contact Customs Information

The cost of a call from a landline or mobile phone subscription is 0 cents/min + local network charge/ standard mobile rate.
In car tax matters, kindly contact the Tax Administration (vero.fi)


Help us improve our site content

We want to improve our website together with our customers. You can give us feedback by clicking “Send feedback”.

Send feedback