When a transport company carries the goods

When you’re sending goods outside the EU and the goods are carried by a transport company, you must submit an export declaration to Customs before exporting the goods.

You can lodge the export declaration yourself or authorise for example a forwarding company to lodge it on your behalf.

How to lodge the export declaration when you do it yourself

  • You can lodge the export declaration free of charge using our Export Declaration Service.
  • Log into the service using your online banking IDs or mobile certificate.
  • Select the appropriate declaration and use the correct codes.
  • Print out the Export Accompanying Document (EAD).
  • Submit the EAD to the transport company, since the EAD must accompany the goods.

What information do I need for the export clearance?

  • A document showing the value of the goods, for example the invoice or a proforma invoice.
  • The commodity code of the product. You can search for the code using our commodity code search.

Contact us

Customs Information Service, Private customers
Monday to Friday 8 am–4 pm

Contact Customs Information

The cost of a call from a landline or mobile phone subscription is 0 cents/min + local network charge/ standard mobile rate.
In car tax matters, kindly contact the Tax Administration (vero.fi)


Help us improve our site content

We want to improve our website together with our customers. You can give us feedback by clicking “Send feedback”.

Send feedback