How do I make a claim?
Please submit your application to Customs in writing primarily by completing the following form:
- Repayment or remission of customs duties 643s (in Finnish or Swedish)
- Completion instructions for form 643s, Repayment and remission of customs duties (in Finnish or Swedish)
- Subsequent recovery is applied for using form 99s, Amendment notification leading to post-clearance recovery (in Finnish or Swedish)
You can also submit a free-form application.
Include the following details in your application
- the decision that you’re appealing against
- how you wish the decision to be revised
- the grounds for the claim
- your name, address, telephone number and email address
- account number (BIC and IBAN).
Always enclose with the application
- a copy of the decision that you’re appealing against
- any documents the are invoked in the claim and that may influence a decision in the matter
- invoice or order confirmation.
If your appeal concerns the commodity code, please provide the goods description in Finnish as well in order to speed up the processing of your claim.
If you are appealing the decision because the goods have been returned, you should also present proof of the goods being returned outside the EU as well as the correspondence with the seller regarding the complaint.
Send the application to Customs
Send the application to Customs including enclosures
by email: kirjaamo(at)tulli.fi
by post: Tulli, Tuonnin oikaisuhakemukset, PL 512, 00100 Helsinki.
Applications concerning Åland
If your application for a revised decision concerns imports from third countries and EU countries to the Åland Islands, or imports across the tax border between mainland Finland and Åland, please send the application (including enclosures) to
by email: atp.skattegrans(at)tulli.fi
by post: Mariehamn Customs, P.O. Box 40, 22101 Mariehamn.
Take care when completing the application
Completing the application with care will speed up the processing of your claim. Take a look at the pre-filled example application Tullien peruutus ja palautus, 643s (in Finnish).
Points to consider
If the customs clearance was done on your behalf, ask your representative for the decision. If you declared the goods yourself in the Import Declaration Service for private persons, your declarations from the last 90 days are available for you at the service. Log in to the service and view your declarations via the box “My declarations”.
As a private person, you are responsible for keeping a file of the customs clearance documents for the current year and for 3 additional years following the customs clearance. Customs may ask you to show these documents.
Note that a private person is not required to enclose the customs clearance decision with an application for revision.
If the consignment is not released to you because of an error in the number of packages or the weight, you should lodge a new declaration with the correct details, so that the goods can be released to you. After this, you can apply for invalidation of the incorrect customs clearance transaction and repayment of the duties based on the new transaction.
- Send the application to the Customs registry office at kirjaamo(at)tulli.fi.
- Enclose both customs clearance decisions as well as the invoice and other documents showing the correct details.