What kind of products are subject to import prohibitions or restrictions?
Examples of prohibited products
- Medicinal products from outside the EEA
- Medicinal products containing a narcotic substance
- Veterinary medicines
- Brass knuckles, stilettos, shurikens, electrical tasers and stunners, slingshots and slings.
- Counterfeit and pirated products
- Fireworks from outside the EEA.
Examples of import restrictions
- Food supplements and medicines
- Certain foodstuffs
- Some parts of plants and certain seeds
- Products derived from endangered animals and plants
- Firearms, firearm components and ammunition
- Explosives precursors
- Pleasure boats and their engines from outside the EU
- Radio remote control devices that use frequencies that are prohibited in Finland.