Changes in 2021:
Please notice, the list of changes for year 2021 will be updated. Vi recommend you to follow the page or to subscribe the Intrastat newsletter which contains information about current topics and future changes sent conveniently to your e-mail.
The United Kingdom (UK) withdrew from the European Union (EU) on 31 January 2020
The United Kingdom consist of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We recommend to observe the situation tulli.fi/en/about-us/current-topics/brexit.
- The official country code of UK is GB with Intrastat declarations until the end of 2020.
- For customs declarations the official country code of Great Britain is GB. Note! GB not with Intrastat declarations as of 1 January 2021.
- Northern Ireland is part of the UK but not of Great Britain. The official country code of Northern Ireland as of 1 January 2021 is XI with Intrastat declarations.
Suomi.fi identification will be used in 2021, The use of Katso identification will end on 31 December 2020
Suomi.fi identification and authorisations will be replacing Katso identification.
Strong personal identification is used when logging in using Suomi.fi e-identification, i.e. online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card.
Persons submitting Intrastat declarations need an electronic authorisation in the form of a mandate before making a declaration. A company’s CEO or any other person with the right to sign for the company grants the mandate. The mandates are granted or requested in the Suomi.fi e-Authorizations service.
The mandate used for Intrastat declarations is Statistical declarations on intra-EU trade flows.
More information available on the Suomi.fi website:
- How are mandates granted and requested?
- Links to detailed user instructions for the e-Authorization service
User support for companies and organisations:
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation: Digital and Population Data Services Agency, customer service for organisations, organisaatiopalvelut(at)dvv.fi, tel. 0295 535 115 (10.00–15.00)
Please note. Suomi.fi identification and authorisations cannot be used as of yet by
- foreign businesses or persons who do not have a Finnish personal identity code
We will provide information on this migration separately.
There will be some changes to the Combined nomenclature (CN) which will be listed on our website
Correlation table for the CN versions of 2020 and 2021 tulli.fi/en/statistics/combined-nomenclature-cn
A major change will be made in the available Intrastat declaration methods: EDI declarations will no longer be accepted as of 9/2021
More information on the available declaration methods can be found on our website at tulli.fi/en/intrastat/how-do-i-submit-an-intrastat-declaration
Two new details to be collected with Intrastat declarations on dispatched goods from autumn 2021
The VAT number of the trading partner (e.g. the buyer/consignee of the goods based in the other member state) and the country of origin (cf. country of origin in arrivals) must be provided in the declaration. Specific definitions of what these details refer to will be added to our website at tulli.fi/en/intrastat/information-about-the-declaration. It will be optional to provide these details in 2021. In 2022, it will be mandatory. You can read more about the future exchange of information between the EU countries (FRIBS basic regulation (EU) 2019/2152) at tulli.fi/en/intrastat/the-future-of-intrastat.
Changes in 2020:
- Some changes to the CN nomenclature. Correlation table between the CN versions 2018 and 2019 is on the Finnish Customs website tulli.fi/en/statistics/combined-nomenclature-cn.
- The name of Macedonia changes to North Macedonia. The code is still MK.
- Trade with the United Kingdom must still declared in Intrastat. Brexit – the possible withdrawal from EU of the United Kingdom 1.2.2020. We recommend to observe the situation tulli.fi/en/about-us/current-topics/brexit.
- Suomi.fi identification and authorisations will replace the Katso-ID and Katso authorisations early in the year 2020
Changes in 2019
- Some changes to the CN nomenclature. Correlation table between the CN versions 2018 and 2019 is on the Finnish Customs website tulli.fi/en/statistics/combined-nomenclature-cn
- The threshold values of the obligation to provide information will change: EUR 600 000 for arrivals and EUR 600 000 for dispatches.
- Brexit – United Kingdom withdraws from EU. We recommend to observe the situation tulli.fi/en/businesses/brexit
Changes in 2018
- Intrastat guide 2018 will not be published in print.
- Changes in CN codes can be found on the Customs website: tulli.fi/en/statistics/combined-nomenclature-cn.
Changes in 2017
- The Combined Nomenclature and the correlation table between CN codes 2016/2017 can be found on the Customs website tulli.fi/en/statistics/combined-nomenclature-cn.
- The declaration methods for Intrastat will undergo significant changes:
- Intrastat declarations can be sent by paper forms by 30 April 2017
- New EDIFACT users will no longer be accepted for Intrastat declarations
- The address of the Intrastat e-mail has changed. The new address is intrastat(at)tulli.fi.
- The Intrastat newsletter has been introduced. It contains information about current topics and future changes. The newsletters are sent a couple of times a year and you can subscribe to have them sent to your e-mail address by completing a form on the Customs website: tulli.fi/en/about-us/current-topics/subscribe-to-newsletter.
- You can subscribe to have information on outages and disruptions concerning Intrastat sent to your e-mail address: tulli.fi/en/e-services/services/disruptions-in-message-exchange.