Businesses can lodge the following declarations online as identified users:
- transit declarations
- export customs declarations
- entry and exit declarations
- administrative documents (e-ADs) for movements under duty suspension
- Intrastat declarations
- import customs declarations
- summary of import VAT declarations
Businesses can identify themselves in Customs’ services with a Katso ID, which can be obtained free of charge from the Finnish Tax Administration. Under Read more, you’ll find more detailed information on how to apply for Katso IDs.
Private persons can lodge, as identified users, export and import declarations, tax declarations for excise duty products as well as declarations of temporary tax-exempt use of an EEA vehicle. Private persons can identify themselves using their online bank IDs, if they have an online banking agreement with their bank and a Finnish personal ID number. In the services for private persons, another option is for users to identify themselves using a mobile certificate (a mobile phone with a SIM card that has a mobile certificate) or a certificate card.
What are the advantages for identified users?
An identified user can, in most of Customs services, use previously lodged declarations as templates for new declarations. Identified users can view and make use of their declarations for a specified time after they have been lodged.
Identified declarants filling in export declarations can usually avoid having to personally visit Customs when starting an export procedure, and they can retrieve release decisions and export accompanying documents concerning their goods from Customs’ electronic decisions archive. However, declarants using the online Transit Declaration Service must always visit Customs when starting a transit procedure.
- Katso IDs in Customs’ services (pdf)
- Katso ID in electronic customs transactions (pdf)
- Guidance on the Katso system on the Tax Administration website
- Mobiilivarmenne: The Mobile ID
- Suomi.fi: About identification (Suomi.fi e-Identification, identification with online banking IDs, with a mobile certificate or a certificate card)