Direct message exchange
Direct message exchange is a service through which Customs’ business customers can send and receive messages via the internet without using a data communications operator.
The service is available with the following data systems of Customs:
- AREX system (entry and exit declarations)
- ELEX system (export declarations)
- EMCS (control system for movements of excise goods under duty suspension)
- ITU system (import declarations)
- NCTS system (transit declarations)
- Intrastat (statistics system for intra-EU trade)
Using the service requires an authorisation for message exchange from Customs.
To assist in developing the solution for direct message exchange, there is a document detailing the most common error situations that can occur.
v. 1.8, amendment 16 June 2012