Changes in message exchange
Changes are reported using the application for message exchange (customs form 934) by ticking the option “Amendment application”. Changes can include:
- changes in the software your company uses (may require repeating the testing with Customs)
- your company wants to extend the use of message exchange to include another system
- your company changes the service provider used in direct message exchange (if the company is a message declarant, you must notify Customs of the change of service provider, and the new service provider must have an authorisation for direct message exchange)
- change of the operator used
- your company wishes to give up its status as a message exchange customer due to, for example, corporate arrangements.
A company must submit a new application for message exchange if its Business ID changes.