Instructions for other service alternatives
If you do not wish to or cannot identify yourself, you can use other service alternatives or a representative.
- You can authorise an agent, e.g. a forwarding company or Posti, to act on your behalf.
- As a private person, you can authorise another person to declare your consignment on your behalf in the Import Declaration Service for private persons.
- As a private person, you can in some cases ask Customs to declare a postal parcel on your behalf or to provide guidance on declaring a postal parcel. Customs clearance of private persons’ postal parcels as of 1 June 2020
- A company can use a form to apply for comprehensive guarantee and payment deferment or an EORI number.
- You can submit an export declaration in our Export Declaration Service without identifying yourself if you export occasionally or you are a private person. If you use the service without identifying yourself, you must also visit a customs office regarding export declarations.
- Private persons can send the required attachments to Customs by email.
- Customs also offers advice by phone in questions related to customs activities.
- Customs offices that offer customer service are available to you. Contact information and opening hours
- Help regarding other service alternatives is available from Customs Information Service.
The customs clearance of postal parcels on behalf of private persons changed on 1 June 2020 – Read more here