Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Customs activity
Do you have questions about
- border crossing by private persons? Follow the instructions on the website of the Finnish Border Guard
- travelling? Follow the instructions on the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
- protecting yourself and others from the virus? Follow the instructions on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
Avoid unnecessary visits to customs offices
Please use primarily our electronic services. Read more about transacting with Customs
Visit a customs office only if necessary and if no electronic customer service or alternative service is available. Please be considerate to others and observe the hygiene measures.
- Exceptional circumstances regarding the sending of samples concerning BTI application requests
- A Maritime Declaration of Health must be submitted in every situation where a ship is suspected to be carrying persons infected with the COVID-19 virus. Read more:
- Submitting a maritime declaration of health
Customs clearances as well as the enforcement and crime prevention work will continue as usual
For its part, Finnish Customs works to ensure that commercial traffic runs smoothly despite the challenges posed by the coronavirus. Transports of goods and electronic customs clearances will continue as usual despite the coronavirus. With smooth foreign trade, Finland will have a sufficient supply of goods, and Finnish export companies can continue their business activity.
Customs will also continue its enforcement and crime prevention work for protecting society, the environment, and citizens without any interruptions.