Previous document to be stated in the import declaration
The number of previous document is indicated in the arrival notification This number must be indicated in the import declaration.
If the previous document concerns external Union transit:
- Enter the code 701 (electronic transit) as previous document, and the transit MRN as previous document number.
- Enter the ‘Produced document’ code 701, the MRN of the transit declaration and date as additional document for each goods item.
- The MRN of only one transit may be declared in one customs declaration.
If the previous document is an (entry) summary declaration:
- Enter the code 702 (electronic summary declaration AREX) as previous document and the AREX MRN as previous document number.
- Enter the ‘Produced document’ code 702, the MRN generated by AREX and date as additional document for each goods item.
- Enter the AREX MRN and AREX goods item number as additional information for each goods item. You can enter multiple MRNs and/or AREX goods item numbers (no more than 99) for one goods item.
If the previous document is an UTU warehouse deposit:
- Enter the code 632 (warehouse deposit) as previous document, and the MRN of the UTU customs warehouse deposit as previous document number.
- Enter the ‘Produced document’ code 632, the UTU customs warehousing MRN and date for each goods item.
- As additional information, enter the MRN goods item number for each goods item under the UTU customs warehousing procedure. You can enter multiple MRNs and/or UTU goods item numbers (no more than 10) for one goods item.
If an authorisation to use the fallback procedure has been issued due to an interruption in the Transit Declaration Service or in the the Safety and Security Declaration Service (AREX), and the transit or summary declaration has been submitted in paper format:
- enter 788 as previous document and
- enter the MRN and item number as the document number, if available, or the date of entry or other fallback procedure document number.
In such a case, no ‘Produced documents’ need be entered for the goods item instead of the MRN.
The Customs system checks that there is a declaration with the indicated MRN in the Transit Declaration Service or in the the Safety and Security Declaration Service (AREX) and that the status of the declaration is ‘accepted’.
If the status of the previous document indicated in the customs declaration is incorrect, message declarants will receive an error message about the incorrect status of the previous document, and online declarants will receive an error message in the Import Declaration Service at the declaration stage. The error message means that the status of the declaration in the Transit Declaration Service or in the the Safety and Security Declaration Service is not ‘accepted’ for import clearance. If you receive an error message, you’ll need to contact the carrier and ask them to notify you when the declaration gets the status ‘accepted’.
If you receive the error message ‘incorrect MRN’, it means that the MRN cannot be found in Transit Declaration Service or in the the Safety and Security Declaration Service. The MRN must be corrected, and the corrected declaration must be sent to Customs.
If the status of the declaration is ‘accepted’ for import clearance, you can contact the Electronic Service Centre of Customs. Contact information: Customs declarations
If the customs declaration contains an incorrect MRN for the summary declaration, entry summary declaration or transit, or a related goods item number which is incorrect, proceed as follows:
- Send the details to be corrected by email to the Electronic Service Centre: spake.arex(at)tulli.fi or spake.passitus(at)tulli.fi. In the subject line of the message, type: ‘Correction of declaration details’.
- State the transaction ID of the import declaration (customs clearance number) and the goods item to be corrected and provide the correct reference number (MRN) and goods item number of the previous document.
- The Electronic Service Centre will report the receipt of the message.
- Give the email message to the person who will collect the goods so that the corrected detail can be shown to the temporary storage operator.
- The temporary storage operator attaches the email message and the original release decision to the storage records.