Authorisations not granted by Customs

Many different authorisations and licenses, which are not processed by Customs, are needed for customs transactions.

These include for example

  • Import licenses for agricultural products; these are administered by the Finnish Food Authority or
  • export licenses for dual-use goods administered by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
  • authorisations regarding excise and car taxation administered by the Tax Administration from 1 January 2017.
  • bilateral freight transport permits, the issuing of which was transferred from Customs to the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency (Traficom) on 1 July 2018. The permits issued by Customs are valid until the end of January 2019 or until the permits are stamped. The permits issued by Customs shall be returned to Customs.

More information on these authorisations and licenses is available from the authority administering the authorisation.

Contact us

General instructions for businesses

General instructions for businesses offers advice from Monday to Friday 8 am–4 pm. Have a look at the FAQ or contact us with your question.

Customs Information Service

We want to improve our website together with our customers. You can give us feedback by clicking “Send feedback”.

Send feedback