Customs to continue deployment of Suomi.fi identification and authorisations in 2020
The use of Suomi.fi identifications and authorisations available to companies will expand to cover declarations concerning the Åland tax border (ALA). In other services offered by Customs, Suomi.fi identification and authorisations will be deployed in 2020. Our aim is to provide our customers with all services corresponding with the KATSO ID in close cooperation with the Population Register Centre (Väestörekisterikeskus, VRK).
Businesses will continue to use the Katso ID until all our customers have access to Suomi.fi identification and authorisations. Suomi.fi identification can be used in combination with Katso user roles in our following new services:
- Authorisation Service
- Intrastat Declaration Service
- Customs Warehousing Declaration Service
- EORI Number Application Service
- Message Exchange Application Service for Authorisations
- Customs Information enquiry form.
In practice, authorised persons log into a specific service using either the “Suomi.fi” identification or a Katso ID, after which they can transact on behalf of their companies. We recommend Suomi.fi identification whenever it is possible to use.
Schedule for Suomi.fi identification and authorisations at Customs
It is already possible to use Suomi.fi identification and authorisations in three EU transaction services:
- the Customs Decisions System (CDS) where Union permits effective throughout the entire territory of the EU can be applied for
- the eBTI service, where binding tariff information decisions can be searched and applied for
- the eAEO service, where the status of authorised economic operator can be applied for.
During the autumn, Suomi.fi identification and authorisations will cover Åland tax border declarations (ALA), and other Customs services in 2020.
Keep easy track of the implementation of Suomi.fi identification and authorisations in Customs’ services
Customer support for companies and organisations
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation: Population Register Centre, organisaatiopalvelut(at)vrk.fi, tel. 0295 535 115 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.)
Customs transactions: Customs Information Service, tel. 0295 5202