Accessibility statement: Matkalla.tulli.fi (Customs information for travellers)
Finnish Customs aims to guarantee the accessibility of its websites and online services in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement concerns the Customs information for travellers service (matkalla.tulli.fi).
Other service alternatives
If you are not able to use the Customs information for travellers service, there are other service alternatives. You can call the Customs Information service, tel. 0295 5201, or send a written question to the Customs registry office at kirjaamo(at)tulli.fi.
The accessibility of the service
The current accessibility of the service partly fulfils the requirements laid down in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services.
The known problems with accessibility
Accessibility will be taken into consideration to a significant extent, and problems relating to accessibility will be fixed in the renewal.
- There is an empty section between the main content area (main) and the footer that is marked using a main role. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The skip link goes incorrectly to the empty fixed point of the main content at the end of the page. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The keyboard focus cannot be easily removed from the main menu after opening the menu. The main menu has no closing button. In addition, the menu has one empty button. All the screen readers do not automatically go to the main menu. For example, on a phone the Talkback screen reader can be found only at the end of the page. (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.4.4, 4.1.2)
- The service uses horizontal separators under the headers as a stylistic feature but they are not hidden from the screen reader, therefore they make additional noise. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some headings are not descriptive because the content under them does not match the heading. For example, three major navigation links are placed hierarchically under the heading “Russian attack on Ukraine”. (WCAG 2.4.6)
- The links in the text are not properly distinguishable from the body text because they can be identified as links only by their colour. (WCAG 1.4.1)
- The service contains the Finnish Food Authority’s video ‘Information for travellers on African swine fever’, the content of which would require audio description. The video contains a list of countries from which pig meat should not be brought but the list is presented only in the video. (WCAG 1.2.5)
- On the feedback form page, there is a Submit button without sufficient contrast between the text and the background. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The pdf form for the cash declaration that opens via the service is an EU form that, for the time being, does not have a more accessible alternative.
Preparing the statement
- Accessibility was tested by an external party.
- The service was assessed for the first time in 2020 and again in April 2023.
- The statement was drafted in September 2020.
- The statement was last reviewed in April 2023.
We are happy to receive feedback on the accessibility of these pages You can contact us in the following ways:
- Give feedback on accessibility: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customs’ customer service and communications are responsible for the accessibility of the Customs information for travellers service and will also respond to feedback on accessibility.
- We aim to respond to feedback within five working days.
Detailed information on how to file a report and how the matter will be handled is available on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the supervisory authorities
Administrative Agency for Southern Finland’s Accessibility Monitoring Unit