Customs in social media
In our social media channels, we share and discuss current Customs matters, and answer general questions concerning customs clearances on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We try to answer all questions as soon as possible. However, from time to time there may be a few days’ delay in our replies. Please note that we may not necessarily be able to answer all questions through social media.
You can first check if you can find the answer to your question on our FAQ page. If you have questions about postal parcels, our Hippu chatbot will advise you. For more detailed questions, our Customs Information Service will help you from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4.15 p.m., at the number 0295 5201.
We warmly welcome you to follow us and take part in discussions in our channels! We wish that you comply with the rules of good conduct in social media:
- Our channels are public, so please do not publish your own or anyone else’s personal details.
- Express your views appropriately and respect other people taking part in discussions.
- Any messages that are of a racist character, as well as slandering, swearing, inciting a criminal offence or any other such messages that break the law are expressly prohibited.
- Advertising and marketing are prohibited.
- Any disrespectful messages and repeated, irrelevant comments can be deleted. We may also delete links or any other material that we cannot check in terms of content.
- If a user breaches our instructions repeatedly, they may be blocked from our channels. We will not notify users about deletion or blocking separately.
Our social media channels:
On our Twitter account, we publish news, phenomena and current affairs.
On our Facebook page, we share information about our activities and current topics as well as other useful information.
On our LinkedIn page, we provide information about Finnish Customs as a workplace and employer from the perspective of both the organisation and the employees, and publish job vacancies.
On our Instagram account, we share everyday moments from the diverse tasks of Finnish Customs and its employees.
This page offers a glimpse into the lives of our customs dogs, both at work and at leisure.
On our YouTube channel, we publish videos with guidance and instructions, as well as videos on our tasks, current campaigns and history.
Glimpses of history and news from the Customs Museum located on the Susisaari island of the Suomenlinna sea fortress off Helsinki.
Finnish Customs does not provide customer information via social media.