You can ask about movement of goods between the Åland Islands and other countries, for example
- what goods may not be imported to the Åland Islands
- what goods may not be exported from the Åland Islands
- in what quantities can goods subject to import restrictions (e.g. alcohol or tobacco) be imported to the Åland Islands
- how to declare removal goods
- what is the commodity code of a goods item?
Please note:! If your question concerns movement of goods between the Åland Islands and rest of Finland, see contact information for “Åland Islands tax border information”.
You can ask
- about trade between the Åland Islands and mainland Finland (for example, which declarations have to be submitted and when, and, who is responsible for submitting the declaration)
- about the use of the service “Recapitulative statements for tax border customers” (ALA).
You can ask for practical help in
- customs clearance
- submitting an export declaration or transit declaration
- using the Import Declaration Service for private persons
- using the Customs Clearance Service (when you declare, for example, animals or removal goods).
You can ask about import declarations you have already submitted, that concern the Åland Islands, and that are being processed by Customs.