Skip to content

How can I do customs transactions

When you transact with Customs, you should do it primarily electronically in Customs’ online service, in which you can take care of almost all customs transactions.

If you cannot find any online service relevant with regard to your topic, look for other means on this page to deal with your matter. Click on the plus sign.

Export declarations should be submitted electronically. In certain cases, the declaration may also be lodged orally.

If the business submits an electronic export declaration as a message or as an identified declarant in the Export Declaration Service, the business only has to visit a customs office in exceptional circumstances.

An export declaration can be given orally instead of electronically in instances concerning:

  • an export consignment worth a maximum of 1 000 euros and with a net weight of no more than 1 000 kilograms
  • an export consignment worth a maximum of 1 000 euros exported permanently by post and which export is not restricted
  • a tax-free export consignment worth a maximum of 1 000 euros and with a net weight of no more than 1 000 kilograms transported to a vessel in international traffic (ship supplies)

The oral declaration can only be given at the last customs office before the goods exit the EU. A trade invoice must be presented to Finnish Customs as a supporting document to the oral declaration.

Further information on declaring orally

Splitting of export consignments

Scan the EAD copies and sends them to the separately determined customs office supervising the split. In addition to the entries on the splitting, the copy must contain information on the exact location of the goods.

The customs office supervising the splitting replies, when the goods can leave. After this, the customer can go directly to the border customs office to present the split item and the split EAD. For the final consolidation, the customer sends the scanned original EAD, entries relating to the split follow-up and split EADs confirmed by Customs, to the customs office supervising the split and the customs office confirms the exit of the goods.

More information on splitting

Any possible separate T2L documents for proving the Union status of the goods can be confirmed at any customs office. The business can also apply for the authorised consignor status for T2L, which gives the business the right to confirm T2L documents.

T2L Exiting goods

The Union status of the goods is mainly proved with a paper document, until the joint electronic system Proof of Union Status (PoUS) for establishing Union status is introduced within the EU.

The Union status may be proved, for example, with the following documents:

  • the T2L or T2LF document filled in on page 4 of the SAD form or
  • other document accepted in the Union customs legislation such as an invoice or shipping company’s goods manifest.

The document has to be confirmed by Customs. The confirmation can be requested from Customs’ appointment service in locations where Customs does not have customer service. Contact information

A Customs confirmation is not required

  • if the total value of Union goods on an invoice or transport document is no more than 15 000 euros or
  • if the trader is authorised as an authorised issuer.

T2L Arriving goods

If Union good are not declared as Union goods with an entry summary declaration or a summary declaration, a document or copy of a document proving the Union status must be submitted to the temporary storage operator receiving the goods. The storage operator releases the goods in exchange for the document and removes the goods from temporary storage records. The temporary storage operator must add to their records the document that proves the Union status of the goods.

The reference number (MRN) and the goods item numbers of the submitted entry summary declaration or summary declaration for the goods must be added to the document, which is to be given to the temporary storage operator to prove the Union status of the goods.

After an arrival notification and presentation has been submitted, the storage operator must send to Customs the documents they have received proving the Union status. Send the scanned documents as email attachments to Customs’ email address: unioniasema(at) Documents covering, for example, one week can be sent at the same time, however, no more than for one calendar month.

Certificates of origin such as; EUR.1 movement certificates, FORM A replacement certificates and A.TR movement certificates can be confirmed at any customs office.

The exporter can apply for the authorised exporter status in accordance with the rules of origin. With the status, the exporter can draw up invoice declarations or declarations of origin regardless of value limits and confirm A.TR movement certificates.

An exporter, who does not have the authorised exporter status, can submit a standard-form invoice declaration or declaration of origin for consignments worth less than 6 000 euros.

A TIR transit procedure can be started in Finland at any customs office that provides customer service.

A Union transit procedure, i.e. a T1 or T2 transit, can be started at any customs office in Finland. In that case, the operation holder such as the storage operator is responsible for the transfer to the customs office. An authorised consignor can place the goods under the transit procedure without visiting a customs office.

Discharging the TIR transit

When discharging the TIR procedure, the goods, the vehicle and the transit documents have to be presented at a customs office providing customer service in order to obtain an unloading permission. A trader operating as an authorised consignee for the TIR procedure can present the goods to Customs electronically without visiting a customs office. After unloading, the TIR Carnet booklet must be presented to Customs for the TIR procedure to be discharged.

Discharging the T transit

If Customs’ services are not provided at the intended destination of the goods, the unloading permission for the discharge of the T1 or T2 transit should be requested at a customs office with customer service located along the trader’s route. The unloading permission can also be issued by the customs office that released the goods for the transit procedure. In specific cases, Customs’ Electronic Service Centre (SPAKE) can also issue the unloading permission. The unloading result must be given to a customs office in Finland no later than on the day after the unloading. More detailed instructions on discharging transits

Import declarations (including declarations submitted in advance) can in most cases be submitted electronically either as a message declaration or as a web declaration.

A consignee that has the LCP authorisation for import (the AEOC criteria) as well as authorised consignee status can receive consignments under the T1 procedure.

Businesses, import



You can also visit one of our customs offices. Some of the customs offices offer services only by prior appointment.