Appointment service

You can do business with Customs by using electronic services or through simplified procedures at customs offices which no longer offer face-to-face customer service or which do so only once a week. For transactions where electronic services or alternative procedures cannot be used, Customs offers personal customer service appointments. You can reserve appointments from Monday to Friday during office hours, from 8 a.m. to 4.15 p.m.

You can reserve appointments for these transactions:

  • Confirmation of EUR.1 and A.TR. forms in urgent matters. (Non-urgent forms should be sent for confirmation by mail. Please refer to the contact information for postal addresses.)

  • Confirmation of T2L and T2LF forms
  • Confirmation of INF forms
  • Confirmation of ATA Carnets and NATO 302 forms
  • Export licences that require entries by customs officials
  • Entries to be added to wine certificates
  • Customs clearance of cars imported as removal goods by private persons from outside the Union
  • Starting or discharging a transit procedure (also applies to TIR Carnets)
  • Customs clearance of removal goods and pleasure craft imported by private individuals
  • Personal identification in cases of requests for checking personal details

We can offer personal customer service only in urgent cases. Such cases include situations where an original document cannot be confirmed through an alternative procedure and where subsequent confirmation is not allowed or possible.

Alternative transactions for different procedures

1. Export

All export declarations are to be submitted electronically. In some cases, a declaration may also be provided orally.

If the company lodges an electronic export declaration as a message or as an identified declarant in the Export Declaration Service, there is no need to visit a customs office before export, other than in exceptional circumstances.

Customs recommends that businesses obtain a KATSO ID from the Tax Administration.

An export declaration can be given orally instead of electronically in e.g. the following situations:

  • an export consignment worth a maximum of 1,000 euros and with a net weight of no more than 1,000 kilograms
  • an export consignment worth a maximum of 1,000 euros exported permanently by post and which export is not restricted
  • a tax-free export consignment worth a maximum of 1,000 euros and with a net weight of no more than 1,000 kilograms transported to a vessel in international traffic (ship supplies)

The oral declaration can only be given at the last customs office before the goods exit the EU. An invoice must be presented to Finnish Customs as a supporting document to the oral declaration.

Further information on declaring orally

Splitting of export consignments

Scan the EAD copies and send them to a separately determined customs office supervising the split. In addition to the entries of the splitting, the copy must contain the exact location of the goods.

The customs office supervising the split will send a reply when the goods can leave. After this, the customer can go directly to the border customs office to present the split item and the split EAD. For the final consolidation, the customer sends the scanned original EAD, entries relating to the split follow-up and split EADs endorsed by Customs to the customs office supervising the split. The customs office then confirms the exit.

Further information on splitting


Any required separate T2L documents for proving the Union status of the goods can be confirmed at any customs office. The company can also apply for status as a T2L authorised consignor, which allows the company itself to confirm the T2L document.

T2L Arriving goods

If Union goods are not declared as Union goods with an entry summary declaration or summary declaration, a document (or a copy) proving the Unions status must be handed in to the temporary storage keeper who received the goods. The storage keeper releases the goods based on this document and removes them from the records of the temporary storage facility. The storage keeper must attach the document to their records as proof of the Union status of the goods.

The document handed in to the temporary storage facility proving the Union status, must contain the reference number (MRN) of the entry summary declaration or summary declaration provided for the goods, as well as the goods item numbers.

The storage keeper must send the documents to Customs proving the Union status, after an arrival notification and presentation has been submitted for the goods. Send the scanned documents to Customs as email attachments to: unioniasema(at) The documents can be sent in a unified manner, for example for a whole calendar week, although for no more than one calendar month at a time.

T2L Exiting goods

For the time being, the Union status is mainly proved with a paper document, until the joint electronic system Proof of Union Status (PoUS) for establishing Union status is introduced within the EU.

The Union status of the goods can be proved with e.g. the following documents:

  • the T2L or T2LF document filled in on the page 4 of the SAD form or
  • other document accepted in the Union customs legislation, such as an invoice or shipping company’s goods manifest.

The document has to be endorsed by Customs. The endorsement can be requested from Customs’ appointment service in such locations where Customs does not have customer service. Contact information

Customs endorsement is not required

  • if the invoice or transport document concerns Union goods worth no more than 15,000 euros in all, or
  • if the trader has an authorisation as authorised issuer.

Certificates of origin

Certificates of origin, such as EUR.1 movement certificates, FORM A replacement certificates and A.TR certificates, can be endorsed at any customs office.

The exporter can apply for the authorised exporter status as defined in the rules of origin. With the status, the company can draw up invoice declarations or declarations of origin regardless of value limits and endorse A.TR movement certificates.

An exporter that does not have the authorised exporter status, can submit standard-form invoice declarations and declarations of origin for consignments worth less than 6,000 euros.

2. Transit

A TIR transit procedure can be started in Finland at any customs office that provides customer service.

It is possible to start the Union transit procedure, i.e. a T1 or T2 transit, at any customs office in Finland. In that case, the holder of the previous procedure (such as the warehouse keeper) is responsible for the movement of the goods to the customs office. An authorised consignor can place the goods under the transit procedure without visiting a customs office.

Ending the TIR transit

When ending the TIR procedure, the goods, the vehicle and the transit documents have to be presented to Customs at a customs office providing customer service in order to obtain an unloading permission. A trader operating as an authorised consignee for the TIR procedure can present the goods to Customs electronically without visiting a customs office. After unloading, the paper TIR Carnet must be presented to Customs for discharge of the TIR procedure.

Ending the T transit

If Customs’ services are not provided at the intended destination of the transit goods, the unloading permission for ending the T1 or T2 transit can be requested at a customs office that provides customer service and which is located along the trader’s route. The unloading permission can also be issued by the customs office that released the goods for the T transit procedure. In specific cases, the unloading permission can be issued by the Electronic Service Centre of Customs (SPAKE). The unloading report must be given to a customs office in Finland no later than the on the day after the unloading. See detailed instructions:

3. Import

Import declarations (including declarations submitted in advance) can in most cases be submitted electronically either as a message declaration or as an online declaration.

A consignee that has the LCP authorisation for import (the AEOC criteria) as well as the authorised consignee status, can receive consignments under the T1 procedure.

Businesses, import

4. Customs warehousing

Placing goods under the customs warehousing procedure

If there is no Customs’ customer service nearby, send the customs declaration for customs warehousing to Customs’ Electronic Service Centre (Spake). Scan the declaration and send it to: spake.varastointi(at) Please note that Spake only handles declarations during office hours from 8 a.m. to 4.15 p.m.

If the goods have arrived to the warehouse under a transit procedure, request an unloading permit from a customs office with customer service. Unloading permits for T transits can also be requested from: spake.passitus(at) When the goods have been unloaded, scan the transit unloading report together with the customs declaration for warehousing and send them to: spake.varastointi(at)

The officer at Spake, who handles the customs declaration for customs warehousing, returns the approved declaration by email to the address entered in box 54 (Contact information) of the SAD form.

Book an appointment with the regional mobile group

When you reserve an appointment, please tell us what type of services you need, at which customs office you wish to conduct your business and at what time, and give us your contact details.

You should reserve your appointment at least two hours before you need customer service. If you need an appointment at 8 a.m. the following day, you should reserve it no later than at 2.15 p.m. the previous day.

Southwest Finland mobile group

Telephone 0295 527 167

Rauma and Pori
Satakunta mobile group

Telephone       0295 527 165

Vaasa and Kokkola
Ostrobothnia mobile group

Telephone 040 332 4607 (Vaasa)
Telephone 040 332 4604 (Kokkola)

Tampere and Jyväskylä
Pirkanmaa mobile group

Telephone 0295 527 163

Bay of Bothnia mobile group

Telephone 0295 527 162

Bay of Bothnia mobile group

Telephone 0295 527 161

Hanko mobile group

Telephone 0295 527 002

Kotka mobile group
Telephone 040 332 5203


Contact us

General instructions for businesses
Monday to Friday 8 am–4 pm

Contact Customs Information

The cost of a call from a landline or mobile phone subscription is 0 cents/min + local network charge/ standard mobile rate.

Help us improve our site content

We want to improve our website together with our customers. You can give us feedback by clicking “Send feedback”.

Send feedback