Secure email service
Customs uses a secure email service when email messages or their attachments contain confidential information such as documents that contain personal data. You can also send messages to Customs by secure email.
Sending a secure email
When you send a message or an attachment to Customs via email, use secure email service.
Sending a secure email:
- Go to the address turvaviesti.tulli.fi.
- Enter your email address in the field From and click on Continue.
- Register your email address in the service as instructed. After registration, you will receive a link to Customs’ secure email service. If your email address has already been registered, select Request a new link.
- You can send the message by opening the link. The link is valid for 30 days.
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the To field. By using the Plus sign you can add several recipients to the message. You can send secure email messages only to Customs’ email addresses. If you have already added addresses to your address book, you can also choose a recipient by clicking Address book. You can also add attachments to your message. The size of a message with attachment cannot exceed 10 MB.
- Select Send. You will receive a report of receipt on sending a message to your email.
- Log out of the service by choosing Exit. If you are using a shared computer, remember to clear the browser’s memory cache and history before you close the browser.
Receiving a secure mail
You will receive an email message when a message has been sent to your Customs’ secure email. The message contains a link to the message sent via secure email, which can be read for 30 days. Please note that you have to accept your browser’s cookies in order to open the message.
Attachments to the message are shown on the row Attachments. You can download and save the attachment using buttons shown on its right side. You can select from the drop-down menu if you want to download the attachment as well as the message. Then select Save. Save the message and its attachment in such a way that the confidential information remains protected. Please note that after saving the message and its attachment are not encrypted anymore.
If you or another person need to read the message again later with another browser or terminal, the message must be locked using a password.
This is how you can lock the message for later use:
- If you have logged in to the secure email service, log out first.
- Select Password as the identification method and set a password for the message as instructed.
- When you open the link that takes you to the secure email message in another browser or terminal, insert the password you have set.
Please note that if you enter an incorrect password too many times, the message will be locked. If this happens, ask Customs to send you the message again.
You can reply to the secure email message you have received and add attachments to the reply message. You will receive confirmation to your email address when the message has been sent. You can save the sent message by clicking on Save. If you are using a shared computer, remember to clear the browser’s memory cache and history before you close the browser.