Export Declaration Service
You can submit export and re-export declarations in the Export Declaration Service. An electronic export declaration must be submitted to Customs for all goods exported from the EU, but for a few exceptions. The most common exceptions are
- postal parcels with a maximum value of 1 000 euros
- personal goods carried by passengers
As identified declarant, you can view and print out the Export Accompanying Document (EAD) and the decision on release, save a declaration as a draft and choose a previous declaration as a template for a new one. In addition, an identified declarant usually does not need to visit a customs office before export. The decision on release with confirmation of exit can be printed out from the service, when Customs has confirmed the exit of goods from the EU. As identified user, you can also make requests for amendment and invalidation of export declarations.
You can ask for practical help in
- customs clearance
- submitting an export declaration or transit declaration
- using the Import Declaration Service for private persons
- using the Customs Clearance Service (when you declare, for example, animals or removal goods).
Please have a look at the frequently asked questions.
If you have a question about the arrival of parcels, its contents or the handling fee, please contact Posti.