Changes in message exchange
Changes can include:
- changes in the software your company uses (may require repeating the testing with Customs)
- your company wants to extend the use of message exchange to include another system
- your company changes the service provider used in direct message exchange (if the company is a message declarant, you must notify Customs of the change of service provider, and the new service provider must have an authorisation for direct message exchange)
- your company wishes to give up its status as a message exchange customer due to, for example, corporate arrangements.
A company must submit a new application for message exchange if its Business ID changes.
- Application for message exchange with Finnish Customs
- Instructions for completing the application
- The online service “Applying for a message exchange authorisation” (Customs warehousing and import declarations, UTU system)
For example, you can ask about following subjects:
- when to apply for an authorisation that is granted by Customs and which are the authorisation requirements
- when is a guarantee required of me
- when to initiate message declaration and what does it require of my company.
We aim to answer your enquiry no later than within three working days. If the matter is urgent, you can call the “General instructions for businesses” service number.