A) When you make payments in our e-services
When you pay the taxes and charges due for the goods in one of our electronic declaration services, the decision on the release of the goods will be generated after you’ve made the payment. Please note:
- If Posti is the transport company, pay Posti’s handling fee separately to Posti.
- The amount to be paid in the declaration service must be at least 0.65 euros.
You can make payments
- by online payment
- with Visa and MasterCard (credit/debit)
- with MobilePay.
When you pay for the clearance later by account transfer, please note:
- The release decision concerning the clearance will be generated only after the payment has been registered on Customs’ bank account. It normally takes 2–3 banking days for the payment to be registered.
- You have to pay for the clearance by the due date. After the due date, you can no longer pay for the clearance in the e-service.
- You can find the information needed for making the payment in the Import Declaration Service for private persons under “Do you wish to pay later?”.
- In the Customs Clearance Service, you can find the invoice concerning the clearance under “Documents”.
Unsuccessful payment in the Import Declaration Service for private persons
If you have not returned from the payment service to the Import Declaration Service for private persons, your payment will be registered on Customs’ bank account within 2–3 banking days. Your clearance is complete when your payment has reached Customs’ bank account, and a release decision will be generated for your clearance.
Please note that, in such case, your clearance may be displayed as an unpaid transaction on the “My declarations” page in the Import Declaration Service even after the payment has been charged. You can check the payment status by refreshing the page.
If you had any problems after selecting the payment method, please check that you have provided correct online banking login details. If your bank’s system is not working, you should contact your bank.
If the clearance is complete, but you haven’t received notification from the company seeing to the transport, you should contact the transport company.
Unsuccessful card payment
Unsuccessful card payments are usually due to the following reasons:
- Your payment card does not support online payments.
- Your online payments are restricted in some way.
- You have entered an incorrect payment card number, validity period or card verification code. Note! Credit/debit payment cards have separate card numbers and card verification codes for credit and debit transactions.
- There are insufficient funds on your bank account or credit.
Here at Customs, we do not have access to specific information on why a payment was unsuccessful. If you encounter problems, please contact the card issuer or your bank.
B) Making a payment at a customs office
You can make payments at customs offices with customer service either in cash (euro, Norwegian krone) or with payment cards (VISA, MasterCard and American Express).