Instructions for other service alternatives
If you do not wish to or cannot identify yourself, you can use other service alternatives or a representative.
- You can authorise an agent, e.g. a forwarding company or Posti, to act on your behalf.
- If you are a private customer, you can authorise another person to declare your consignment on your behalf in the Import Declaration Service for private persons.
- If you are a private customer, in certain situations you can request Customs to declare your parcel on your behalf, or ask for advice for customs clearance. Read more about how you can declare your parcel using alternative services.
- A company can use a form to apply for comprehensive guarantee and payment deferment or an EORI number.
- You can submit an export declaration in our Export Declaration Service without identifying yourself if you export occasionally or you are a private person. If you use the service without identifying yourself, you must also visit a customs office regarding export declarations.
- Private persons can send the required attachments to Customs by email.
- Customs also offers advice by phone in questions related to customs activities.
- Customs offices that offer customer service are available to you. Contact information and opening hours
- Help regarding other service alternatives is available from Customs Information Service.
The customs clearance of postal parcels on behalf of private persons changed on 1 June 2020 – Read more here