Suomi.fi identification for foreign citizens
Foreign citizens can log into Customs’ e-services and start using the Suomi.fi authorisation service with the Finnish Authenticator foreign citizen identification service. The service requires registration, and it is advisable to register as soon as possible.
In Customs’ e-services, using the Finnish Authenticator app for identification and authorisation initially started in the services for Intrastat declarations and My Details. We will later provide information on the date when the app will be launched in our other services.
How do you start using Finnish Authenticator and how do you grant mandates?
If the signatories of your Finnish business are foreign citizens:
- Persons with the right to sign the company name must start using Finnish Authenticator to be able to grant mandates in the service Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
- The signatory’s Finnish Authenticator ID must be attached to the company’s details. You can submit an application for registering your right to grant a mandate in the Digital and Population Data Services Agency’s Mandate service provided by officials.
- When your signatory receives the right to grant a mandate, they can administer mandates for transactions independently through Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
If the persons responsible for customs transactions and statistics declarations in your company are foreign citizens:
- These persons must start using the Finnish Authenticator.
- The person who grants mandates for transactions on behalf of the company authorises, through Suomi.fi e-Authorizations, the persons who use the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service.
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency: Information on the transition from Katso to Suomi.fi
- Suomi.fi: Information on how to start using the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service
- Suomi.fi: Information on e-Authorizations
- Suomi.fi: Instructional video on using the Mandate service provided by officials (in Finnish)
- Finnish Customs: Mandates for customs declarations and statistical declarations
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation:
- General advice for business customers, tel. 0295 5202, Mon - Fri 8–16.15