Suomi.fi identification and authorisation is a service maintained by the Population Register Centre (VRK), and support for users of the service is provided by Public Service Info.
The following authentication methods are used in Suomi.fi identification:
- online banking codes
- a mobile certificate (a mobile phone with a SIM card that has a mobile certificate) or
- a certificate card (an identity card granted by the Police, an organisation card granted by VRK, i.e. a civil service card, or the card for professionals in social services or medical professionals, i.e. a Sote ID card).
When is Suomi.fi identification alone sufficient?
Suomi.fi identification is used every time you log in to a service. If the CEO of a company, or another person with signatory rights, browses, prepares or applies for authorisations in person, they do not need a Suomi.fi authorisation, since the Suomi.fi identification is sufficient due to them already having the right to handle authorisation matters by virtue of their status.
When is Suomi.fi authorisation required as well?
Suomi.fi authorisation is needed whenever a company employee who is not the CEO or who does not have signatory rights is using Customs’ e-services. The CEO must grant such other employees a mandate to handle the customs transactions that are necessary for the company.
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation:
- Customer service for companies and organisations: Mon-Fri 10-15, tel. 0295 53 5115. At other times: organisaatiopalvelut(at)vrk.fi.
- Public Service Info: Mon-Fri 8-21 and Sat 9-15, tel. 0295 000, palveluneuvoja(at)kansalaisneuvonta.fi
- Finnish Customs, yritysneuvonta.lupa-asiakkaat(at)tulli.fi, tel. 0295 5202