Suomi.fi identification is used every time you log in to a service. Suomi.fi identification and authorisation is a service maintained by the Finnish Digital Agency, and support for users of the service is provided by Public Service Info.
The following authentication methods are used in Suomi.fi identification:
- online banking codes
- a mobile certificate (a mobile phone with a SIM card that has a mobile certificate) or
- a certificate card (an identity card granted by the Police, an organisation card granted by Finnish Digital Agency, i.e. a civil service card, or the card for professionals in social services or medical professionals, i.e. a Sote ID card).
If you cannot identify yourself electronically, you can do business with us in alternative ways or use a representative, for instance a forwarding company or Posti. Customs clearance cannot be done over the phone or by email.
When is Suomi.fi identification alone sufficient?
If the CEO of a company, or another person with signatory rights, browses, prepares or applies for authorisations in person, they do not need a Suomi.fi authorisation, since the Suomi.fi identification is sufficient due to them already having the right to handle authorisation matters by virtue of their status.
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation:
- Customer service for companies and organisations: Mon-Fri 10-15, tel. 0295 53 5115. At other times: organisaatiopalvelut(at)dvv.fi.
- Public Service Info: Mon-Fri 8-21 and Sat 9-15, tel. 0295 000, palveluneuvoja(at)kansalaisneuvonta.fi
- Finnish Customs, yritysneuvonta.lupa-asiakkaat(at)tulli.fi, tel. 0295 5202, Mon - Fri 8-16