Authorisation methods in Customs’ e-services
Authorisation is an electronic indication to Customs of the person authorised to engage in customs transactions on behalf of their company.
Here is how you authorise inside your organisation
All persons who submit customs declarations are authorised for customs transactions in the Suomi.fi authorisation service. A CEO or any other person with the right to sign for the company grants the mandate. Once granted, a mandate is valid until the assignor deletes it.
Exception: Mandates are not needed if the CEO of the company handles the customs transactions. Note that this does not concern CEOs of representative companies.
When a company authorises persons for customs transactions, a mandate for transactions is used. As for representatives, in some cases they use authorisation for representation. Once these authorisations are granted, a transaction-specific authorisation must yet be chosen. For example, the Customs Clearance Service must be provided with the “Customs clearance” authorisation.
- Read how you will authorise your employee for customs transactions in the Suomi.fi mandate service
- Read what Suomi.fi mandates are used in our e-services
Here is how you authorise a representative
When a company authorises a representative (e.g. a forwarding agency or an accounting office) to see to customs transactions on its behalf, the method for authorising a representative varies according to the type of e-service:
1. Authorise your representative to use the following services in the Suomi.fi mandate service
- Intrastat declarations
- Recapitulative statement for a customer with an Åland tax border number
- Customs Decisions System (CDS)
- BTI service
- eAEO Service.
- INF service for special procedures
- REX-system for registered exporters
- Attachment Upload Service
Please note: Customs does not recommend that Suomi.fi e-Authorizations be used in the services CDS, eAEO and INF Special Procedures, as the representative can view all the details of the principal. However, if you nevertheless want to use a representative, we advise you to contact Customs Business Information at yritysneuvonta(at)tulli.fi.
2. You can use a forwarding agreement or some other method for taking these e-services to use
- Import Declaration Service for businesses (Customs Clearance Service)
- Customs warehousing (Customs Clearance Service)
- Åland tax border declarations for businesses (Customs Clearance Service)
3. You can use the Suomi.fi portal or some other way you prefer to grant an authorisation for using these e-services
- Import declarations for businesses – special procedures
- Entry and exit declarations
- Export declarations
4. You cannot authorise a representative to use these e-services at all
- “My details” service
- Message exchange testing service (IAT)
- Web Transit
- Applying for an EORI number
- Authorisations and decisions service
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation:
- Customer service for companies and organisations: Mon-Fri 10-15, tel. 0295 53 5115. At other times: organisaatiopalvelut(at)dvv.fi.
- Public Service Info: Mon-Fri 8-21 and Sat 9-15, tel. 0295 000, palveluneuvoja(at)kansalaisneuvonta.fi
- Finnish Customs, yritysneuvonta(at)tulli.fi, tel. 0295 5202, Mon - Fri 8-16