Authorisation methods in Customs’ e-services
Authorisation is an electronic indication to Customs of the person authorised to engage in customs transactions on behalf of their company.
Authorisations are not required if customs transactions are done by a managing director indicated in the Trade Register, or by a person with powers of procuration. In other cases, these persons must authorise person seeing to customs transactions using the Suomi.fi mandate service.
Also the managing director representing their company must, when required, issue authorisations in the Suomi.fi mandate service.
- Check here how you will authorise your employee for customs transactions in the Suomi.fi mandate service
- Read what Suomi.fi mandates are used in our e-services
Here is how a company authorises a representative for customs transactions
When a company authorises a representative (e.g. a forwarding agency or an accounting office) to see to customs transactions on its behalf, the method for authorising a representative varies according to the type of e-service:
1. Authorise a representative for the following services in the Suomi.fi mandate service
- Intrastat declarations
- Recapitulative statements (ALA) by customers with Åland tax border numbers concerning goods transported across the tax border prior to 1 September 2023
- Customs Decisions System (CDS)
- BTI service
- eAEO Service.
- INF service for special procedures
- REX-system for registered exporters
- Attachment Upload Service
- Applying for an EORI number
- Authorisations and decisions
Please note: Customs does not recommend that Suomi.fi e-Authorizations be used in the Authorisations and Decisions Service or in the CDS, eAEO and INF Special Procedures services of the EU, as the representative can view all the details of the principal.
2. You can use the Suomi.fi portal or some other way you prefer to grant an authorisation for using these e-services, for example through a forwarding agreement
- The Customs Clearance Service (import, customs warehousing and entry declarations, Åland tax border declarations and recapitulative statements by customers with Åland tax border numbers)
- Export Declaration Service
- Arrival and exit declaration service (AREX)
- ICS2 declaration service (STI-STP)
- Declarations in the Import Declaration Service (ITU)
Please note: With the customs clearance authorisation given to another company in the Suomi.fi service, persons of the representative company can do the following:
- only see declarations submitted by their own company in Customs e-services.
- alter entries that affect message declarations in the ICS2 declaration service (STI-STP).
3. You cannot authorise a representative to use these e-services at all
- “My details” service
- Message exchange testing service (IAT)
Suomi.fi identification and authorisation:
- Customer service for companies and organisations: Mon-Fri 10-15, tel. 0295 53 5115. At other times: organisaatiopalvelut(at)dvv.fi.
- Public Service Info: Mon-Fri 8-21 and Sat 9-15, tel. 0295 000, palveluneuvoja(at)kansalaisneuvonta.fi
- Finnish Customs, yritysneuvonta(at)tulli.fi, tel. 0295 5202, Mon - Fri 8-16