Customers using Katso IDs must start using Suomi.fi identification and Suomi.fi authorisations.
When you are identified, you can usually handle your customs transactions without having to visit a customs office. You can also use declarations you have submitted earlier as templates for new declarations and browse them in the service to a limited extent for a specific period of time. However, declarants using the Transit Declaration Service must always visit Customs when starting a transit procedure.
A. These services use Suomi.fi identification and authorisations as well as Katso identification and authorisations:
- Import Declaration Service
- Arrival and exit declaration service (AREX)
- Export Declaration Service
- Transit Declaration Service
- Customs Warehousing Declaration Service
- Intrastat Declaration Service
- Authorisation Service
- Attachment Upload Service
- Applying for an EORI number
- Applying for a message exchange authorisation
- Message exchange testing service
- Åland tax border declarations
- My details
B. In these services, only Suomi.fi identification and authorisations are used:
- The Customs Decisions System (CDS) for applying for authorisations valid in more than one Member State (EU Trader Portal)
- The BTI service for applying for binding tariff information decisions (EU Trader Portal)
- The eAEO service for applying for AEO authorisations (EU Trader Portal)
- The INF service for special procedures where the INF number for special procedures is applied for (EU e-services)
Suomi.fi identification and authorisations will gradually replace Katso identification in Customs’ e-services. The use of Katso identification and authorisations will end in 2020, at a date to be determined later. We recommend using Suomi.fi whenever possible.
Who cannot as of yet use Suomi.fi identification and authorisations in Customs’ e-services?
Businesses and corporations that do not have any persons authorised to represent them entered in the Finnish Trade Register, the Finnish Business Information System (BIS) or the Finnish Register of Associations, can use the Digital and Population Data Services Agency’s mandate service to register a mandate and for authorising independently.
The registration of the mandate begins by sending a mandate application with the required appendices to the mandate service provided by officials.
Such businesses and corporations are, among others:
- general partnerships and limited partnerships that do not have a CEO, a deputy CEO or any persons authorised to represent them individually entered in the Trade Register.
- associations that do not have any persons authorised to represent them individually entered in the Register of Associations.
- corporations, such as municipalities, parishes, educational institutions, foundations, business partnerships, death estates and public authorities, that do not have any representatives entered in the register.
- foreign businesses that do not have any representatives entered in the Trade Register.
Suomi.fi identification cannot be used as of yet in Customs’ services by persons who do not have a Finnish personal identity code.
If you belong to one of these groups, you can start using Suomi.fi identification and authorisations in Customs’ e-services later.
As an identified customer in our e-services you can
- clear your consignment and pay import duties in the Import Declaration Service for private persons
- submit export declarations in the Export Declaration Service
- apply for authorisations for comprehensive guarantee and payment deferment
- submit attachments to export and transit declarations in the Attachment Upload Service.
You can also transact with us in other ways.
Identification for EU citizens
eIDAS identification for EU citizens is not yet available in our e-Services.