How to pay a customs invoice
You can pay taxes and fees through our e-services or at a customs office.
A) When you make payments in our e-services
- Private customer: declare and pay in the Import Declaration Service for private persons
- You must identify yourself in the service. Read more: How to identify yourself and grant mandates
- Business customer: declare and pay in the Customs Clearance Service
- You must identify yourself in the service, and you need the “Customs Clearance” authorisation for transactions. Read more: How to identify yourself and grant mandates
A decision on release is generated after the payment.
Please note: If Posti is the transport company, pay the handling fee separately to Posti.
You can make payments
- by online payment
- with Visa and MasterCard (credit/debit)
- with MobilePay.
When you pay for the clearance later by account transfer, please note:
- The release decision will be generated only after the payment has been registered on Customs’ bank account. It usually takes 2–3 banking days for the payment to be registered.
- You have to pay for the clearance by the due date. After the due date, you can no longer pay for the clearance in the e-service.
- More information on payments after the due date: FAQ – Import clearance
- You can retrieve an invoice regarding a specific customs clearance decision by logging in to the Customs Clearance Service. When retrieving the invoice of a specific customs clearance decision, you need to provide the MRN of the declaration. You can find the invoice in the Customs Clearance Service as a separate customs declaration document under “Documents”.
Payment Service Provider
Paytrail Oyj is a collecting payment service provider and an authorized Payment Institution working in cooperation with Finnish banks and credit institutions. Paytrail Oyj will be shown as the recipient on your bank or credit card statement. Paytrail Oyj will forward the payment to the merchant. For complaints, please contact the website the payment was made to.
Phone: +358 207 181 830
Business ID 2122839-7
You can use all Finnish banks with either the eBanking interfaces or open banking interfaces offered by the banks.
More information from Paytrail
Unsuccessful payment in the Import Declaration Service for private persons
If you did not return from the payment service back to the Import Declaration Service for private persons, your payment will be registered within 2–3 banking days. When your payment has been registered, your clearance is complete and a release decision is generated for your clearance.
Please note that, in such a case, your clearance may be displayed as an unpaid transaction on the “My declarations” page in the Import Declaration Service for private persons even after the payment has been charged. You can check the payment status by refreshing the page.
If you had any problems after selecting the payment method, please check that you have provided correct online banking login details. If your bank’s system is not working, you should contact your bank.
If the clearance is complete, but you haven’t received notification from the company seeing to the transport, you should contact the transport company.
Unsuccessful card payment
Unsuccessful card payments are usually due to the following reasons:
- Your payment card does not support online payments.
- Your online payments are restricted in some way.
- You have entered an incorrect payment card number, validity period or card verification code. Please note: Credit/debit payment cards have separate card numbers and card verification codes for credit and debit transactions.
- There are insufficient funds on your bank account or credit.
If you encounter problems, please contact the card issuer or your bank. Customs cannot determine the reason for an unsuccessful card payment.
B) Making a payment at a customs office
You can make payments at customs offices with customer service either in cash
- Norwegian krone (only at border crossing points between Norway and Finland)
or with payment cards
- American Express.