Skip to content

How to transact with Customs

You can transact with us in different ways, and take care of customs transactions yourself or use a representative.  

A business: Importers and exporters, who trade with countries outside the EU, require a business ID, i.e. an EORI number

1. Lodge electronic declarations

Online services for private persons and companies  

Message exchange for companies

Message exchange enables the company to exchange information with Customs through messages of a specified form. Message exchange requires acquisition of an information system and a message exchange authorisation granted by Customs. The company can send the messages itself or use a service provider. 

Read more:  Message exchange

2. Alternative services for private persons and companies

If you cannot use our online services, there are other service options available to you.

Read more: Instructions for other service alternatives

Elsewhere on this site