When a transport company carries the goods
When you’re sending goods outside the EU and the goods are carried by a transport company, you must submit an export declaration to Customs before exporting the goods.
You can lodge the export declaration yourself or authorise for example a forwarding company to lodge it on your behalf.
How to lodge the export declaration when you do it yourself
- You can lodge the export declaration free of charge using our Export Declaration Service.
- Log into the service using your online banking IDs or mobile certificate.
- Select the appropriate declaration and use the correct codes.
- Print out the Export Accompanying Document (EAD).
- Submit the EAD to the transport company, since the EAD must accompany the goods.
What information do I need for the export clearance?
Customs Information Service, Private customers
The cost of a call from a landline or mobile phone subscription is 0 cents/min + local network charge/ standard mobile rate.
In car tax matters, kindly contact the Tax Administration (vero.fi)