Preferential treatment for export goods in the country of destination?
Preferential treatment for originating products
Countries with which the EU has mutual free trade or other preferential tariff agreements grant reduced or zero tariff rates in the country of destination on products originating in the EU. In these cases, the import taxes on the export goods decrease in the country of destination.
- The preferential tariff treatment is determined on the basis of the commodity code.
- The preferential treatment is not granted on all products originating in the EU (e.g. sensitive agricultural products).
- Note the regulations concerning origin and direct transport, among other things.
The export company has not always manufactured the goods, but the goods can still get preferential tariff treatment.
- The goods can e.g. be a product originating in the EU, for which preferential treatment based on origin would be granted in the country of destination.
- The export company must receive or request proof of origin in the prescribed form from the seller located within the EU.
- Read more about The supplier’s declaration.
Please note! The EU does not have free trade agreements with, for example, these countries: The United States of Amerika, Russia, Belarus, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Australia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Points to consider