When you are planning to apply for an authorisation
Do you need an authorisation from Customs? On the right is a service path with the most important parts of the authorisation process.
Before you make the application
- Are you unsure of whether or not you need an authorisation? Read the section on authorisations on the Customs website as well as the description of the procedure for which you might need an authorisation, for example warehousing or simplifications.
- Fill in the application carefully according to the instructions. Enclose the necessary documents.
- More information on the basis for customs transactions: New importer/exporter
Where do you send your application for an authorisation?TULLI.FI
- Send in the application form with enclosures either by email to lupakeskus(at)tulli.fi, or by post to Customs’ Authorisation Centre, P.O. Box 56, 90401 Oulu.
- If the application should be sent to a different address, this is mentioned in the description of the authorisation.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
- The processing time for the application depends on the type of authorisation.
- The processing time for the different authorisations are defined by law. For example, the application regarding an authorisation for inward processing is processed within 30 days, the application for temporary warehousing authorisation within 60 days and the application for an authorisation to use a comprehensive guarantee is processed within 120 days from the day Customs has approved the application for processing, and has all the information needed to solve the matter.
- When all the information needed is included in the application, it can be processed quicker than the processing time defined by law.
- Lodge the application well before you need the authorisation.
What different things are included in the processing of the application?TULLI.FI
- Customs carries out different controls, for example of the applicant’s facilities, accounts and operation. The need for controls depends on which type of authorisation is applied for.
- Customs investigates the applicant’s earlier customs transactions, for example the quantity and quality of the applicant’s import and export declarations.
- If a description of the account system and logistics system is a part of the application, then Customs analyses the attached descriptions and requests further information when needed.
- When the authorisation requires it, the applicant’s economic situation is analysed during the application process. The economic situation affects the amount of comprehensive guarantee required, among other things. Read more: Comprehensive guarantee
- Read more on the prerequisites regarding applications for different authorisation
Where does Customs send the authorisation decision?TULLI.FI
- You receive the decision regarding your application by post or with a secure email to the address you have provided in the application.
Are you not content with the decision you have received?TULLI.FI
- The decision contains instructions on how to file a claim for revision.
- The claim must be filed within 30 days of receiving the decision.